Friday, December 23, 2005

I love my non-job or I love what I don't do

Value investing is as much about doing nothing as it is about doing something. What I do everyday is read to expand my circle of competence. Often times, I hear people say I love my work, or I love what I do. I'd rather invert this statement because as a value investor, I love what I don't do, or I love my non-work. Value investing is about doing nothing intelligently. Being able to sit on a stock for three years watching paint dry is even more important than knowing how to decompose the ROE using the Dupont model.

1 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger linchenghui said...

Hi Mike,

I am also a value investing lover. Is there any value investing schools here in U.S. or any jobs or companies that use value investing? I want to learn more about how to calculate a company's intrinsic value by attending to those schools or jobs.

I am from Taiwan and currently enroll in Fordham's MBA program. However, I am taking a break for a while because I am confused the meaning of getting this degree and want to know how can I land a value investing job upon graduation.

My email is linchenghui@gmail.com. I'd love to hear any of your thoughts. Thank you.

Best,
Chenghui

 

Post a Comment

<< Home